MCR’s latest acquisition in The Sunshine State is just five minutes from the busiest international airport in the U.S.
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–MCR — the country’s 4th-largest hotel owner-operator — has acquired the Hyatt Place Miami Airport East, a six-story, select service hotel with 135 rooms in Miami, Florida. Built in 2015, the hotel was purchased at over a 25% discount to MCR’s estimated replacement cost. This is the company’s ninth hotel in Florida and its first Hyatt hotel.
The hotel is one of the closest to Miami International Airport (MIA), located less than a mile from the airport’s main entrance. MIA holds the distinction of being the busiest airport for international passengers and international freight in the U.S. It provides a hub for over 90 air carriers and offers more flights to Latin America and the Caribbean than any other U.S. airport. International traffic has sprung back to life following the pandemic and overall passenger volume through MIA is up over 10% so far this year compared to 2019. And it’s only going to get busier with a $5 billion capital improvement and expansion plan currently underway.
Once you’ve touched down in Magic City, you’ll find plenty to do — from exploring pristine beaches along Florida’s Gold Coast to taking in the largest collection of Art Deco architecture in the US! Our hotel is also located near several major sports venues, including the Hard Rock Stadium, making it easy to catch a Miami Dolphins game. Or spice things up and head deeper into the city to check out the world-renowned shopping and dining scenes from Little Havana to Coconut Grove, Fontainebleau to the Design District.
After enjoying “the 305” as Miami is often called, the hotel’s fire pit area offers the perfect ambiance for a relaxed evening. Then curl up in one of our spacious double queen or king rooms. In the morning, let your day take off by working up a sweat in our fitness center or with a refreshing plunge in our outdoor pool. Then fuel up with our complimentary breakfast buffet before jetting to your next destination.
Business travelers will appreciate the hotel’s convenient central location, as well as amenities including complimentary high-speed, wireless internet access and on-site meeting space. While tourism is still Miami’s top industry, it is also home to the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S., as well as major Fortune 500 companies including Lennar, World Fuel Services and Ryder.
The Hyatt Place Miami Airport East is located at 3549 NW LeJeune Road and features:
- 135 spacious, pet-friendly rooms
- The Placery, a full-service restaurant and bar
- Complimentary breakfast buffet
- A grab-and-go market offering snacks and beverages
- An outdoor pool
- A fitness center
- On-site guest laundry facilities
- A 24-hour business center
- Free, fast Wi-Fi
Reserve suites by phone at +1 (305) 667-1003 or online.
- 4th-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States
- $5.0 billion portfolio of 145 premium-branded hotels
- MCR operates 9 Marriott brands, 8 Hilton brands and a number of unflagged independent hotels
- Over 21,000 guestrooms across 37 states and 103 cities
- Founded in 2006
- Offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Richmond, Virginia
- 6,000 team members across the country
- Three-time recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners
- Recipient of the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer
- For the TWA Hotel at New York’s JFK Airport, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA
- Named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020
- For more information, please visit mcrhotels.com