By Caribbean News Global contributor
BELIZE CITY, Belize – The Belize Port Authority previously informed the public that the license year for vessels concluded as of midnight, December 31, 2020.
Mariners are advised that the payment receipt will no longer be accepted as an authorized medium to traverse the territorial waters effective January 15, 2021. A boat master/owner must be able to produce a valid Master’s license or Sea-worthiness Certificate for the vessel at any point of inspection or official boarding. Mariners are reminded that their inability to present any of the mentioned documents upon request is an offence.
On January 6, 2021, The Belize Port Authority further informed the public that the licensing exercise for the following areas has been cancelled.
- Sarteneja, Copper Bank, Chunox, Consejo Villages, Corozal Town:
- 4-5 January, 2021, Sarteneja, Chunox and Copper Bank at Fernando’s Tour center.
- 6-8 January, 2021, Consejo Village and Corozal Town at Corozal Town Hall.
- Orange Walk Town and surroundings:
- 11-12 January, 2021, Orange Walk Town at the Lamanai Eco Tour Center/Tower Hill Bridge.
Mariners are advised that they can still be able to access a wide range of services by visiting the Belize Port Authority’s Headquarters located at 4 Miles George Price Highway the Sub Offices in Big Creek, Independence, San Pedro and Punta Gorda Towns.
Belize Port Authority for any clarification Tel: (501)-222-5665 or Email: email@example.com Website: www.portauthority.bz Radio Frequency: VHF Channel 16 Maritime Emergency Toll-Free No: 966